Troubleshooting the XpertMart
™ Installation on Macintosh OS X
If you are able to launch XpertMart™ and
get the Login screen, use the following:
Employee Number: 123
If you are having trouble installing XpertMart™ on
your Mac and cannot get to the Login screen, try the following steps
(in order of difficulty):
1) Make sure you restarted your computer after installing the Firebird
2) Make sure you did not install Firebird more than once. If you did, click here to
learn how to uninstall Firebird.
3) Make sure you put the "Main" folder straight on the root directory
and not in the Applications
4) If you get the message that says: "Unable to connect to the
database. Do you want to change the Configuration?" Click <Yes>
and then click on the Database tab. The database field needs to show
Note that there need to be 2 // before and after localhost.
5) If after doing steps 1-4 you are still having trouble, make sure the
Firewall is off.
6) If you cannot or do not want to turn off the Firewall, then you need
to open ports 3050 and 3060. In System
Preferences>Sharing>Firewall add new entries for:
3050, 3060 Firebird
3050, 3060 XpertMart
7) You should be able to open a Terminal window
(Applications>Utilities>Terminal) and type:
If you cannot "ping" the localhost then the Firewall is still blocking
the IP Ports XpertMart™
needs to access the database. (See Step 8).
8) To get a closer look at what rules your Firewall is following, open
a Terminal window and type:
sudo ipfw list
If you are not sure if your Firewall is configured properly to allow
access to the Firebird database manager, email us the Terminal output.
Send emails to email@example.com
You can learn more about how your Firewall works here:
9) Make sure you are logged into OS X as a User that has Administrator
Priviliges. This is setup in System Preferences>System>Accounts.
© 2005 Dinari Systems LLC