-- What's New
- Automatic Purchase Orders triggered when Stock On Hand &
Outstanding Orders fall below a user-defined Maximum stock level for each
- Synchronization process made more efficient and reliable. Older
files in the In and Out folders as well as on the FTP Server
can now be automatically erased.
- Customers can be classified as tax exempt and no tax will appear
- Fully integrated, multi-protocol credit card processing module
gives users the freedom to choose among dfferent credit card processing services.
The user is not tied to any one processing service.
- When a Purchase Order is referenced in a Receipt, the original
PO items and quantities appear in the Receipt, as well as a column indicating
merchandise that has been previously received. This makes it easier to handle
partial shipments from the vendor and receive against Purchase Order multiple
- Report Tree can be synchronized out to the stores. Any report
designed at the Main office can be sent out to every store or a to a particular
group of stores.
- Address labels for Customers, Vendors or Employees can now be
printed on a bar code printer.
- Vendor Allowance catalogue created. Can enter start and end
dates for vendor promotions and the per-unit rebate being offered by the vender.
Reports summarize total vendor allowance due from each promotion.
- An item's cost can be printed on the bar code in encoded form.
- Employees can belong to a Discount Group. The Discount Group
determines the maximum percentage discount this group can give on a whole
invoice. Or you can assign discount percentages per department of merchandise
that this group of employees can give. Thus you can limit all discounts based
on type of employee.
- Customers can belong to Discount Group. The Discount
Group can automatically get a certain percentage
discount on all their purchases or
receive different discount percentages per department of merchandise. For example, a customer can
receive one discount if she buys sandals and another discount if she buys
a winter coat.
- X-Out Reports added to Processes allow user to quickly monitor
sales for a specific date or even time range for any station (cashier) or
salesperson at any store. Can also run a "Blind X-Out" report which asks
the cashier to report all payments by type received before seeing what sales
have been registered in that period.
- Box quantities can now be used in any transaction such as
Receipt, Invoice and Purchase Order. Once the user specifies the number
of items per box, merchandise can be counted both by boxes and by
- Speed improvements to the synchronization process. The system
now erases old files more efficiently.
- Beta version of XpertMartTM
- Can save start and finish dates for each season in the Seasons
Catalogue. This allows the user to run reports comparing sales from two
different Fall seasons,
- Receiving module can be configured to restrict changes to item
cost or quanitites received if these are different than the Purchase Order
- System can be configured to require that a salesperon be specified
in the Invoicing module to better track commissions.
- Price changes can be programmed by date and time. This way the user
can schedule a special price, for example Mother's Day weekend) to take
effect during the period chosen.
- Volume pricing is now activated. The user can define a special price
for an item if a customer buys a certain amount. For example, a retailer
can sell a suit for $200 or $150 if the customer buys more than three.
- Conditional printing created in the report designer. The user can
link boolean formulas to the properties of any component of a report. This
way a stock report can be designed that automatically displays positive
quantities in blue, negative quantities in red and zero stock in green.
- Improvements to the way the report designer creates and displays
bar graphs, particularly when dealing with negative amounts. The output is
a lot easier to read now.
- Unlimited number of price lists can now be created at the Main and
transmitted to the stores. Users with the appropriate security clearance
can switch between price lists (for example from retail to wholesale) at
the point of sale.
- Customers can be assigned to a price list. When entering a customer's
name at the point of sale XpertMartTM will automatically recall that customer's prices
regardless of the price list currently in use at the store.
- New process created to simplify Mass Changes to Prices or Costs.
For example, if a certain vendor anounces a 5% increase in the cost of all
of their merchandise, the order cost can now be modified (mulitplying by a
factor of 1.05) through a simple screen. In each case, a Merchandise Filter
will pop up (powered by our XpertQueryTM technology)
to quickly select by parameters such as style, brand, color, vendor, collection,
department and so on.
- Report designer now stores in each report the dates and author whenever
a report is modified, as well as any comments.
- XpertMultiReportsTM allows the user to group a battery of reports,
for example the end of day point of sale reports, so that they can be run
in one report. Parameters (such as date and store) are only entered once
and apply to all reports.
- Physical Inventories have been sped up with a configurable option
that disables the entry of quantities in Count Sheets and Receipts. The
system will use one piece as the default quantity and move on to the next
- A new document type, Correction Slips, was created to correct discrepancies
that arise during inter-store transfers between Out Slips and In Slips. These
Correction Slips are consistent with our philosophy that all changes to inventory
should be done through a document that can be audited. Access to Correction
Slips is controlled through the security module and only existing Slips can
- The handling of images during Print Previews in the report designer
has been made a lot faster.
- XpertTrendTM integrated into the Styles, Brands, Stores, Departments
and Vendors catalogue. Dynamically displays unit and value (dollar) sales
for the last week and four weeks, allowing the user to serendipituosly spot
trends quickly. XpertMartTM is now "pushing" useful information before the
user without the user having to ask for it.
- Discount reasons can now be captured at the Point of Sale. When
a cashier gives a customer a discount, a (configurable) drop down menu appears
with a list of possible reasons. Discount types and maximum discounts are
password controlled and can be over-riden by managers with the appropriate
- XpertRestoreTM process created. In the (unlikely) event of a
total loss of a data in a store, this process can automatically extract and
restore a given store's database from the central database at the Main.
- Several improvements in the graphical user interface of the report
- Store Credit module created. Customers can receive a store credit
when returning merchandise. Module keeps track of customer's available credit
balance and purchasing history.
- Sales tickets can now be configured to automatically display maximum
date that returns or exchanges are permitted (for example, by always adding
14 days to the date of the sale).
- Sales tickets can also be configured to display total amount customer
saved at the bottom by adding up item and global discounts. If there were
no discounts, the "You Saved" line does not appear on sales ticket.
- XpertImageTM revamped. The system can now be configured to
warn the user when an image exceeds a definable maximum file size (in order
to execute image-rich reports quickly). The system can also be configured
to automatically shrink an image to meet the maximum allowable size.
- Photos previously saved in an XpertMartTM catalogue can now be exported to outside files.
- Integrated email module allows user to send an email to any employee,
client or vendor stored in the system.
- Speed improvements when doing stock queries and invoice searches.
- Can lookup the stock of an item in the entire chain of stores from
any transaction screen by pressing Ctrl-F4.
- Reports can now be grouped by employee type, such as: Store Manager,
Auditor, Supervisor and so on. Access to each employee type directory is
controlled by a password.
- Stock by style grouped by Department available in every store at
the click of a button.
- Return to Vendor transaction type created.
- Main screen can now be configured to display the image or photo of
the user’s choice. For example, the company logo can appear on the screen
of every in-store computer.
- XpertMatrixTM revamped. The user can now switch columns into
rows, and vice-versa, and drag columns or rows to arrange them into the
- Automatically groups all similar items in the same line in any transaction.
- Lost Sale transaction at the Point of Sale created. Allows you to
capture merchandise that customers are asking for but are not in stock or
do not even exist in your catalogues.
- XpertMatrixTM can be opened from any transaction screen with
a single click of a button. XpertMatrixTM shows the stock of a style in every color, size
- XpertMatrixTM can be opened from any document catalogue with
a single click of a button. XpertMatrixTM shows the stock of a style in every color, size
- Runs on Oracle.
- Audit table or Kardex of any item can be opened from any Document
with a single click of a button.
- Maximums can be calculated for every item.
- Pie and bar graphs in XpertReportsTM.
- Columns added to XpertReportsTM so you can custom-design labels for clients and
- Speed improvements on the synchronization process. Sending catalogues
to and from the stores now takes 10% as long as before.
- Prices can be edited directly at the POS, if the user’s security
Copyright © 2000 - 2003